Songwriter, singer, poet, guitarist, observer, participant, some-time philosopher and love addict. Not necessarily in that order.

Saturday 25 June 2011

Tamworth, mini-bars, calamari and boarding houses

June 25 2011 

Sitting in the lobby of the Best Western in Tamworth with a family sized pot of black coffee and a muffin (free – I’m seeing a ‘free cake’ pattern here that is unnerving me).

I have become remarkably adept at living out of a suitcase in the last month. My ‘fuq-I-have-to-wake-up-as-check-out-is-like-NOW-shower-hairwash-makeup time’ is now at a record 27 minutes. Of course I now have three hours to waste in the lobby drinking free coffee and cake, listening to old country songs and fighting with my tantrum-prone AirPort (if anyone knows WHY my Macbook AirPort has been giving me the silent treatment for the last week, please let me know).

I love Tamworth so far, and not because of the free coffee (please see my previous posts about the price of espresso in Santorini to get a full understanding of my glee). I arrived here in an aeroplane the size of a coke bottle and I swear I was the only person on it who didn’t know everyone else. I forgot how awesome small country towns could be. And last night I watched a couple of movies (one of which had that guy from Dexter in it, I think it was called ‘Slayers’), ordered room service of Calamari and drank all the sparkling wine in the mini bar.

Anyway, CMAA school starts today. At 1pm. Hence why I’m killing three hours in a lobby. Am really excited. Can’t wait to learn the harmonica and have a couple of weeks solely devoted to song-writing and music. Fab. Fab. Fab. Seriously, I feel like I’m going on my dream holiday. Lying on the beach with alcoholic milkshakes is only good for two days max.

Ciao xxx

June 25 2pm.
So I’m in my room. It’s based in a boarding school and the girl who usually has this room has left a quote pasted on the wall that I think is worth repeating because I totally agree:

“I believe in those dreams. I think every woman should watch shooting stars while drinking champagne; then be put on horse back and galloped down a deserted beach in the moonlight – at least once in her life…Clothes make the woman feel sexy and confident and sophisticated and stylish…then a men feel like treating them like princesses…” Collette Dinnigan.

No comments:

Post a Comment