Songwriter, singer, poet, guitarist, observer, participant, some-time philosopher and love addict. Not necessarily in that order.

Friday 3 February 2012

Records, rising signs and emergency room nightmares

Crap. So I suck at my "no horoscopes" new year's resolution.

I mean, I've "sort of" managed to keep it..."Sort of", in that I now no longer astrologically profile a man before I will accept a date (you know, figure out his moon, rising sign, mars/venus placements just to check he's not, like, psycho. Because astrologically profiling him is so "normal"...lol). 

In fact, I started seeing someone new recently and have yet to ascertain his rising sign. Yay me. Although, to be dead fair this probably has less to do with my self-constraint and more to do with the fact that in order to figure this stuff out you need a time of birth - a bit of information he won't offer up as he says horoscopes are, and I quote, "dumb". Got to love male diplomacy.

But I have had the odd relapse. Yes, I have become a bit of a closet horoscope reader. Not every day, not before breakfast, but sometimes. So it's gone from a total all-out-addiction to mild vice. That's a step in the right direction right? Besides, I totally blame Mystic Medusa. Best horoscopes ever...see, so totally not my fault that I've fallen slightly off the wagon? She shouldn't be so damned apt/funny/cool.

In other fabulous news, I have now recorded the next album! In Sydney, over seven days in January. It was so much fun - I got to play the piano, wurly, hammond organ, acoustic guitar, electric guitar and (most importantly) the glockenspeil. Chris, the guy I recorded with, was wonderful. He made the whole thing easy and fun. Can't wait to get to share some of the tracks. I've kept this record very....me.

And Sydney was loads of fun, I even went snorkling. Totally loved it - aside from a five hour trip to the emergency department in an effort to remove a piece of silicon earplug from my ear (no comments please) - that part was a bit nightmarish. But I'm assured that one day I was find it funny. Am waiting with bated breath.

Anyway, more news to come shortly.

Hope 2012 is treating you all FABULOUSLY.

xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment