Songwriter, singer, poet, guitarist, observer, participant, some-time philosopher and love addict. Not necessarily in that order.

Thursday 29 December 2011

New Year, horoscopes, OCD and destiny

I am giving up horoscopes. That's my new year's resolution.

Now, this might not seem like a big sacrifice on the surface, but to those who know me, you will get that this is HUGE. And it has not been a decision I've come upon lightly. But here's the thing: I fear it is running my life. Honestly, I think I could possibly be medicated for a mild form of OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) given the way in which I plan my life based upon a series of astrological transits and numerological bits and pieces. And I have to tell you, the cross-referencing between all of these different philosophic systems is exhausting. I mean, it wouldn't be that big of a problem if they all lined up, but they don't. Ever. Nope, just as I relax because I've finally entered a "happy" phase numerologically, I'll stupidly go and check out what my astrological outlook is and immediately send myself into a deep state of depression. Because here's the thing: the "challenging" aspects seem to last for months on end (all under the guise of personal growth of some sort) and the "happy" ones are of the blink-and-you'll-miss-them variety.

And so that's why I've given them up. Just for 2012. Stuff Saturn. Stuff Venus. Stuff the cardinal-cross-of-whatever that's supposed to create financial turmoil mid next year and stuff personal growth. I'm done.

For now.

So Happy New Year all - to a brilliant 2012: where we make our own destinies and anything can happen.

Pip xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment